Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Broken USGT Tamiya FF03 and some VTA cars.

"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan

Crunchy parts are crunchy.  So is driving over your head.

Here's how the day started out, taking notes, charging batteries, and letting tires soak in traction compound.



Look at how far forward that CG is.  Also, the pinions on the table.  To get the speed up on the new track, I needed to go with a 60 tooth pinion.  And even then, the motor doesn't get warm, and I'm still short a little speed on the track.  I have 63 and 66 coming in the mail.


Two races later, things were a little more concerning.  It turns out that trying find time in the sweeper, means you might tag the inside wall.  At full speed. 

Oh how broken you are, let me count the ways.  One, screw stripped out of the bottom of the knuckle.  Two, a shattered hub carrier.  Three, tears in the body.  


I got the parts in the mail to make some charge cables.  Nothing fancy, but $5 in parts, instead of $30 cables.  



I got that fancy body mounted on my TC4.  And we got my friends body on his TC7.1. 




Those are some good looking cars.  We need to find some driver figures.

And a sneak peak at something coming later, a TRF201


No comments:

Post a Comment