Saturday, September 5, 2015

The 3d printer arrives. Geeetech Prusa i3x

Well, it's about that time.  What time you might ask?  Time to build a 3d printer.

Oh look, A present from DHL.  That should give you a clue as where this came from...  


What we have here is a Geeetech Prusa i3x.  Well, at least the manual and packing list.


Lets keep digging.  Under the cardboard is the laser cut z axis frame.  You can see the cutout at the top for the LCD display.  Let lift away that layer...  



And then we get into the meat of things.  The stuff on the left are the rest of the laser cut acrylic bits to make the frame.  On the right is a PSU, and some control electronics.  What at first I thought was some wire to do the point to point wiring, is actually a few grams of plastic to test the thing out.  Good on you Geeetech!  I was worried the printer wouldn't come with any plastic, so I bought a kilogram of ABS.  The stuff from Geeetech is blue...  I should have bought blue...


Next layer!  Here we have all the rods that the axises ride on.  The four stepper motors, a small tool kit, the print head, and the rest of the control electronics.  


The tool kit really impressed me.  


Fans, limit switches, braid to keep the cabling looking nice... really it's a complete kit.


wow, I wish I did a better job with this photo.  But this is the print head.  



I should have it assembled in the next few weeks.  I'm excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment