Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Playing with my [gim]balls.

One of my goals is to have a "small" camera platform.  Part of getting there, is to have a gimbal to keep the camera steady, and aimed.  That means gimbals. 

In my latest order, I grabbed two cheap gimbals. 

This one is one desgined for the mobius.  It uses two 9 gram servos, and is really quite confidence inspring. 

I expect it'll do everything one can expect of a 2 axis gimbal.  I assembled it using some thing CA.  It went together fairly easily.  The only trouble spot was the servo arm on the bottom of the gimbal.  That is now just glued in place, no screws.   For about $10, it's a heck of a deal.

I also picked up a GoPro sized gimbal.  (in spite of owning zero gopros..)  It too is a two axis rig.  It uses a 9 gram servo to do the pitch, and a full size servo to handle roll.  
 
 It looks pretty good.  However I think the servo I had for the roll is just crap.  It had a lot of slop in it, so the whole gimbal has a bunch of slack and wiggle in it. 
 
Further reviews will come later, as I fly them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment