Friday, July 22, 2011

Cheap sports cars, and the potential for very cheap racing.

I wonder why there aren't any really cheap cars on the market.

My dream "second" car, would be something not very fast, very cheap, and very light.

I'm thinking a modern day british sports car. 1 or 1.5 liter 2 cylinder motor. Cam in block. Live axle. Either trailing arm (heck, even leading arm..) or struts up front. Just do everything as simple as can be.

All of the cars electronics could be handled by $2-3 microcontrollers. And you'd only need maybe three of them.

The body panels should be blow, or vacuum molded plastic. Cheap, easy to replace.. and did I mention cheap?

I wonder if there would be a market. The car would be loud. But it would be a convertable. It would be perfect for spec class racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment