Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tamiya Ta07 - PSM carbon chassis

Oh, it's that time.  Time to make a TRF419 from my TA07. Or.. something like that.



When I heard PSM was releasing the carbon chassis, I was, more than intrigued.  That also sent me down the path of finding out if there were aluminum bulkheads available.  As it turns out, there are.  Eagle Racing makes them.


The process of switching from one chassis to the other, is really not so bad.  The hardest bit was re-threading the drive belt through the motor mount.



Out with the old... 

And in with the new.



The new bulkheads look very open, and really remove the distinguishing shapes of the TA07



They had to pull some interesting stunts to get the top deck to clear everywhere.  


The little bridge to clear the rear belt path too.


That would look so much better with aluminum suspension mounts.  But those are to spendy for me.


Other than the review of how it drives, that's really it.  The car... is now a pretty typical double deck touring car. 

As for how it drives?  A lot like the full stiff setup of the TA07.  Color me pleased. 





No comments:

Post a Comment